[LLVMdev] Kaleidoscope toy4 failure seg fault on llvm::ExecutionEngine::getTargetData (this=0x0)

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Wed Feb 17 13:39:43 PST 2010

On 17 February 2010 18:50, Todd Rovito <rovitotv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 6:29 AM, Conrado Miranda
> <miranda.conrado at gmail.com> wrote:
>> First, you have to call llvm-g++ to use the llvm-gcc front end, but it
>> doesn't matter here.
> I got the compile command from the Kaleidoscope documentation.

Hum... looks like an outdated documentation. Kaleidoscope docs is
famous for being out-of-date and lots of people asking in the list why
is it not compiling.

I suggest you get the svn trunk and compile Kaleidoscope in site (you
probably did already if you got the llvm source and ran make) and see
what the makefile do to compile it. Also, the source in the site could
be quite outdated, I would start from the source tree.

cheers,
--renato

http://systemcall.org/

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at