[LLVMdev] Buildbot

David Greene dag at cray.com
Mon Feb 15 13:22:40 PST 2010

On Monday 15 February 2010 12:16:21 Daniel Dunbar wrote:
> No, some build release, and some build release-asserts.
>
> Historically, this is a typical sign of llvm being miscompiled, see
> the broken-gcc list.

Yep, that's it.  We've been happily using gcc 4.1.2 on OpenSUSE for test
builds for some time without problem (we don't use it for releases yet, and
won't now!).  I guess something changed to make the issue visible to us.

BTW, how sure are we that all these are gcc issues and not some incorrect
code somewhere that triggers undefined behavior?

                                    -Dave