[LLVMdev] Metadata

David Greene dag at cray.com
Tue Feb 9 16:02:33 PST 2010

Since 2.7 is getting close to code freeze, I'd like to see if I can get in our
changes to track non-temporal memory operations into trunk.

As discussed earlier, I was hoping to do this via metadata.  It's pretty clear
how to attach the data to Instructions, but after that, I'm not sure what
happens.  Somehow we have to carry this all the way back into MachineInstrs.

What happens to metadata when SelectionDAGs get built?  Is it lost?
Is there any mechanism to attach metadata to SDNodes or MachineInstrs?

                                                         -Dave