[LLVMdev] Mapping bitcode to source code

Trevor Harmon trevor.w.harmon at nasa.gov
Tue Feb 9 11:13:25 PST 2010

On Feb 8, 2010, at 8:51 PM, Duncan Sands wrote:

> this can be done using debug info.  Check out
>   http://llvm.org/docs/SourceLevelDebugging.html

Wow, that threw me for a loop. I'm using the 2.6 release, thinking I
was up to date, but its debug output doesn't look anything like what's
described in the above link. It appears to document the upcoming 2.7
version, which for some reason produces different debug syntax than
2.6. For example, the llvm.dbg.stoppoint intrinsic function no longer
exists in 2.7, and 2.6 has no "metadata" descriptors. Is there any
information about these changes and why they were necessary?

Also, is there an API for accessing the debug info? I looked through
the Programmer's Manual but didn't see anything.

Thanks,

Trevor