[LLVMdev] Decoding munged function names

Sarah Thompson sarah at findatlantis.com
Thu Feb 4 14:03:58 PST 2010

Hi folks,

I'm currently extending my model checker to collect coverage
information, and as part of this I'm finding a need to get a more
friendly version of munged C++ identifiers than the name used by the
linker. For example, though internally, something like '_Z7thread1Pv'
is fine as an identifier, I'd like to be able to give the user
something more readable. Since the disassembler seems to be able to do
this, I'd like to be able to do it too, though I can't spot anything
in the Function class interface that looks like a candidate. My code
needs to live inside an opt pass, effectively within one of my code
annotation passes.

Thank you in advance,
Sarah Thompson

PS: I've been quiet for a while, but I'm still at NASA Ames, plugging
away at my LLVM-based model checker.