[LLVMdev] Parallel testsuite run breaks

David A. Greene greened at obbligato.org
Thu Dec 9 09:57:04 PST 2010

Török Edwin <edwintorok at gmail.com> writes:

> I don't see anything wrong with FileCheck either.
>
> However looks here, that .bc file is in the *source* tree, not the obj tree:
> not llvm-dis < /ptmp/dag/llvm-project.official/llvm/trunk/test/Bitcode/null-type.ll.bc > /dev/null |& grep "Invalid MODULE_CODE_FUNCTION record"

I think that's there from checkout.  You can see it on the web.

It seems I spoke too soon about build-level parallelization (running
multiple parallel builds in parallel).  4.1.2 works fine for
Debug+Asserts builds but fails horribly on Release+Asserts buils on SLES
10.1 when run by itself.  I'm assuming there's nothing wrong with doing
an LLVM parallel build (make -j).

Sigh.  More compilers to try...

                             -Dave