[LLVMdev] Inlining and exception handling in LLVM and GCC

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Wed Dec 8 06:21:26 PST 2010

On 8 December 2010 14:07, Duncan Sands <baldrick at free.fr> wrote:
> This means that if I start coding my proposal then almost certainly I will
> attach the info to basic blocks.  In fact it makes sense to do so even
> before we remove the invoke instruction: in the short term we would
> still have invoke, but the catch info for the invoke would be attached
> to the basic block containing the invoke,

I see, in that case, it makes more sense to attach all the information
to the callee block rather than force the artificial association of a
dispatch instruction with a particular basic block.

If I'm not yet as lost as I think I am, that's your proposal, right?

Sorry for being so redundant, is that I stopped reading the thread
after a while but I still think it's an important proposal to get it
right this time.

--
cheers,
--renato

http://systemcall.org/

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at