[LLVMdev] disable llc optimizations

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Mon Dec 6 10:57:25 PST 2010

On 12/6/10 11:39 AM, Andrew Lukefahr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How would I disable dead code elimination in llc?  Can that be done
> via the command line or do I need to modify llc's source?

You can use llc --help-hidden to see a list of options.  There are
several -disable-xxx options that disable various code generator
optimizations.

That said, I, like Duncan, wasn't aware that llc did any dead-code
elimination (beyond peephole optimization).  Are you sure llc is
removing the instructions you care about?

-- John T.