[LLVMdev] fixed point types

Frits van Bommel fvbommel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 01:47:21 PST 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Jonas Paulsson <jnspaulsson at hotmail.com> wrote:
> By mem, I meant optimizations that involves load/store intrinsics, eg
> llvm.fixPload(). What would the consequences of this be?

Since the proposed intrinsics would operate on regular integer types,
why can't you just use regular load and store instructions?

> Did you mean that fixed point support in terms of intrinsics and code
> extensions could become part of the main line?

If someone implements the intrinsics and they are useful on at least
one target that main line supports, I don't see why those patches
would be rejected. Especially since Chris seems to be on board :).