[LLVMdev] How to add a pass inside LLVM pass list

Soumya_Prasad_Ukil ukil.soumya at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 11:54:11 PDT 2010

Look I have written a PRE pass. opt is running that pass. I have included my
pass name there in include/llvm/Support/StandardPasses.h file. To do that, I
have got some error. Because it also requires the definition of the pass in
some other file also. I observed how gvn pre pass is added to the pass list.
I had followed the same way, but failed. Cna you kindly tell what needs to
be done in this regard?

On 23 August 2010 00:13, Nick Lewycky <nicholas at mxc.ca> wrote:

> Soumya_Prasad_Ukil wrote:
>
>> Pls help.
>>

> You didn't say what was actually running the passes. (llvm-gcc? clang? opt
> -some -passes?) What you probably want is to modify one of the lists in
> include/llvm/Support/StandardPasses.h.
>
> Nick
>

>> On 21 August 2010 17:32, Soumya_Prasad_Ukil <ukil.soumya at gmail.com
>> <mailto:ukil.soumya at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>    I have written a simple pass. I have been successful to execute it.
>>    I want LLVM to execute it. I don't know how to include a pass in
>>    llvm actual pass list, such it automatically invokes it just like
>>    GVNPre pass or some other pass. They have already been limked in
>>    llvm actual pass list.
>>
>>    --
>>    regards,
>>    soumya prasad ukil