[LLVMdev] Creating a tablegen backend

Durward McDonell durward.mcdonell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 14:01:46 PDT 2010

Hello.

I would like to create a new backend for tablegen that produces code in
an generic assembly language (not for a real processor).  The documentation
page for this says "ToDo", but I think what I want to do is something similar
to CodeGenDAGPatterns::ParseInstructions() in CodeGenDAGPatterns.cpp.
Is this even vaguely correct?  Any pointers would be appreciated.

I'm specifically interested in translating X86 into this other language, but
getting other processors for free in the process would be great.

--
Durward McDonell
durward.mcdonell at gmail.com