[LLVMdev] Mach-O LTO and local relocations

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Fri Apr 30 06:48:25 PDT 2010

Nick,
   Steven believes that aermod certainly could have more than 255 sections. Is there
a particular approach that would be recommended for working around such a problem?
Short of reducing the actual number of sections?
   It is suggested that this is why -ffunction-sections doesn't work on darwin
and that one possible solution is to embed an 'ar' format section in the .gnu.lto
section such the the limited object format can be avoided.
              Jack