[LLVMdev] llvm for freebsd on sparc64

Yuri yuri at tsoft.com
Mon Apr 26 10:59:42 PDT 2010

I am trying to build llvm on freebsd-8.0 on sparc64 CPU.
I patched sources because 'sparc' enum value in
include/llvm/ADT/Triple.h conflicts with gcc typedef 'sparc'.
This allowed llvm itself to build successfully.

But there is an error during gcc frontend compile:
Did not get a target machine! Triplet is sparc64-unknown-freebsd8.0
I think this is because in many places, like in Triple.cpp, architecture
is named sparc, and not sparc64.

So should all "sparc" strings related to cpu be renamed to "sparc64", or
"sparc" refers to the very early 32-bit sparcs?
Or 64-bit sparc is refered as "sparc" in llvm?

Yuri