[LLVMdev] 2.7 release notes

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Wed Apr 21 23:43:18 PDT 2010

Ok, the LLVM 2.7 release notes are in near final shape.  Please take a look and suggest improvements (or, better yet, just commit improvements if you have commit access):
http://llvm.org/docs/ReleaseNotes.html

Things still needed are marked with FIXMEs.  These include:

1. Clang needs a blurb describing what's new in 2.7.  Have the clang folks been doing anything for the last 6 months?

2. I need a few-line description of: "New LSR with "full strength reduction" mode, ideally with a link to a blog post entry or something.

3. I need a description of: PostRA scheduler for X86? FIXME: is this on by default in 2.7?

4. I need a description for: The ARM and Thumb code generators now using register scavenging for stack object address materialization.(FIXME: WHAT BENEFIT DOES THIS PROVIDE?)

Please feel free to commit directly to llvm/docs/ReleaseNotes.html with any updates you have.  It's going to be a great release!

-Chris