[LLVMdev] how to set -pre-ra-sched from code?

Paul Melis llvm at assumetheposition.nl
Tue Apr 20 13:02:30 PDT 2010

Hi Andrew,

On 04/19/10 14:27, Andrew Friedley wrote:
> Sorry for responding to my own message but I would really appreciate
> some help with this.
>
> Looking through the documentation again this morning I noticed that
> setSchedulingPreference is a protected method of LLVMTargetLowering, so
> it looks like it's not something I can call directly anyway.
> Furthermore it's only called from one place with a hard-coded value for
> any particular platform.
>
> Andrew Friedley wrote:
>
>> Sanjiv Gupta wrote:

>>> Does this thing below in TargetLowering help?
>>>
>>> /// setSchedulingPreference - Specify the target scheduling preference.
>>>   void setSchedulingPreference(SchedPreference Pref)
>>>
>> Thanks!  That doesn't look like what -pre-RA-sched eventually maps to,
>> but it looks like the switch I want to change.  Pardon my ignorance, but
>> I have no idea how I'm supposed to get to a point where I can call this
>> when all I have is a module and an execution engine.
>>
>> Better yet, how would I go about figuring this out from the
>> documentation?  I'm having no luck at all finding these things.

You can programmatically pass command-line options using something like:

#include "llvm/Support/CommandLine.h"

int main()
{

    char *opts[] = {
        "dummy",
        "-fast-isel",
        "-fast-isel-verbose",
        "-pre-RA-sched=fast",
    };

    cl::ParseCommandLineOptions(4, opts, "Blah");

}

Could be that you need to include more headers, as I cut this piece from
my own more extensive code.

HTH,
Paul