[LLVMdev] Problem with the installation of llvm gcc

John Criswell criswell at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 19 08:03:18 PDT 2010

khaled hamidouche wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to install LLVM and LLVM GCC
> so I check out  the source of llvm and llvm-gcc-4.2 from the svn
>
> I flow the instructions of this page
> http://llvm.org/docs/GCCFEBuildInstrs.html
>
> I did the installation of LLVM and LLVM GCC well but the problem is
> there is no llvm-gcc at the end of instalation !!! ??
> I mean in the /usr/local/bin/ there are all the commands of llvm (lli
> llc llvmc llmv-mc .... ) execpt llvm-gcc !!
>
> Please can you tell me what I did wrong

1) Did you type "make install" at the end of the llvm-gcc compilation?

2) What did you set the prefix to when configuring llvm-gcc?  Was it
/usr/local?

3) Did you use the -program-prefix=llvm- option when running configure
to name all of the programs llvm-gcc, llvm-g++, etc?  If not, then all
of your programs will come out as gcc, g++, etc.

-- John T.