[LLVMdev] Adding Cortext-M3 support

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Fri Apr 16 03:21:20 PDT 2010

Hello, Rick

> I'd be willing to help add support for ARM Cortex-M3, but I'm not sure how best to proceed. I found various .td files that had lines for other ARM architectures, and I had started adding additional entries for M3, but realized that without being able to actually build some ARM code to test, I wouldn't get anywhere.
>
> Is there someone that would be willing to help me get set up to work on this?
Well, I think you need to have a working frontend for this. Just
configure llvm-gcc as an arm cross-compiler (the same way you
configured your gcc to be an arm cross-compiler + some extra stuff to
hook llvm).

After that you can use it to build C source into the appropriate
bitcode, feed it into llc and examine the output.

I don't think you should add many entries though, the only new
instructions are sdiv/udiv, it seems.

PS: You might want to look into
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20100412/099856.html
--