[LLVMdev] Compile, link and run on the fly

Reid Kleckner rnk at mit.edu
Thu Apr 15 12:19:28 PDT 2010

Is your compiler written in C++ or something that can interface with
it easily?  If so, you should probably check out the JIT, and the
tutorial here:
http://llvm.org/docs/tutorial/

In particular, this bit is relevant to using a JIT:
http://llvm.org/docs/tutorial/LangImpl4.html#jit

It sounds like you're generating LLVM IL and dumping it to a .ll file
in your own compiler, so you'll probably have to just add some driver
code to your compiler that drives llvm-as, opt, llvm-link, and llc.

Reid