[LLVMdev] llvm demo

Eugene Toder eltoder at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 09:05:24 PDT 2010

Hi All,

One of possibly minor but a very cool things about LLVM has always
been the online demo on llvm.org.
Now that we have clang, I think it will be great if the demo allowed
to use it as C/C++ front-end.
This will be especially useful for testing what kind of C++ clang
accepts/can already handle.

Another nice thing would be for demo to accept llvm assembler source
(.ll), for example, to see what optimizations could do if one adds
some noalias/nocapture attribute in a strategically chosen place.
And while I'm dreaming, ability to manually specify optimization
passes manually would be great :)

If you're wondering why don't I just install llvm and do whatever I
want with it, I did, of course. But sometimes I want to play with it
from a less capable device or from some PC I don't control, and that's
where the demo comes in handy.

Thanks in advance,
Eugene