[LLVMdev] Call for Help: Testing

David Greene dag at cray.com
Wed Apr 7 11:52:53 PDT 2010

On Wednesday 07 April 2010 13:44:44 David Greene wrote:
> > Also, I should note that master bug in question was *explicitly*
> > mentioned in Tanya's 2.7 prerelease 1 e-mail sent on March, 17.
> > Have you seen this e-mail?
>
> Hmm, I'm sure I got it.  I must have missed it.  I can't read the list
> every day and after a few days things get pretty backed up.

I don't see it in the gmane archives but that doesn't matter.  Looking back
at those archives, I recall that I was in the middle of iterating on a
patch to add some debug capability to LLVM.  I was focused on that and
could easily miss a bug reference like that.  I wasn't focusing on the
2.7 release at the time, quite frankly.

People are going to miss e-mails.  That's a fact of life.

Perhaps weekly status updates with tracking bug number after the release
branch is made would be helpful, along with daily updates as we get
closer to the scheduled release date.

I can't say I would have been able to devote loads of time to fixing bugs
at that point (I could have helped a bit, I'm sure) but having the information
out there and accessible (linked from the project home page, etc.) would help
many people to get involved.

                                  -Dave