[LLVMdev] Call for Help: Testing

Tanya Lattner lattner at apple.com
Tue Apr 6 11:45:31 PDT 2010

On Apr 6, 2010, at 9:52 AM, David Greene wrote:

> There was a short discussion in the comments of PR6696 about Linux
> testing.
>
> The 2.7 release is slipping primarily because there are x86-32 problems to
> fix (there is also a Darwin problem and some other issues).

While lack of linux testing of the testsuite is a problem, this is not why the release is slipping. We need more people to fix bugs. It can't be the same people fixing the bugs for every release.

We need more people in the community to help and I can't see any way of sugar coating this message.

-Tanya

P.S. I'm not discounting the need for testing the testsuite on Linux. Its not 32 bit specific though.