[LLVMdev] Fix wrong x86 inst encoding / problem with disassembler

Marius Wachtler malloc at inode.at
Mon Apr 5 13:44:28 PDT 2010


I think I found a bug in the x86 instruction definition file, while trying
out the disassembler.

It looks like the "ADD32rr_alt" instruction should have GR32 operands, not

Attached you can find a patch, which should fix the problem.

But even with the change I can not decode e.g. "0x03 0xC1"  (should be
"addl    %ecx, %eax") only if I remove the "isCodeGenOnly = 1" line it
Looking for help.

-- Marius Wachtler
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/attachments/20100405/2c731c58/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: fix_ADD32rr_alt_enc.diff
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 647 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/attachments/20100405/2c731c58/attachment.obj>

More information about the llvm-dev mailing list