[LLVMdev] raw_os_ostream: symbol not found

Trevor Harmon trevor.w.harmon at nasa.gov
Thu Apr 1 17:27:39 PDT 2010

On Apr 1, 2010, at 3:58 PM, Chris Lattner wrote:

> It's hard to say: __ZTVN4llvm14raw_os_ostreamE is the vtable for
> raw_os_ostream.  This should be provided by lib/Support/
> raw_os_ostream.cpp.  Perhaps you're not linking in that .o file for
> some reason.

raw_os_ostream is definitely linked into Debug/lib/libLLVMSupport.a in
my LLVM build. (Confirmed with otool.) I'm using the 2.7 release
branch from a couple weeks ago.

Just for kicks, I added some code to my pass that creates a
circular_raw_ostream object, and it runs without errors. I wonder
what's different about raw_os_ostream... Any other possibilities?

Trevor