[LLVMdev] long double type on ARM

Jin Gu Kang jaykang10 at imrc.kist.re.kr
Wed Sep 30 09:07:03 PDT 2009

Hi Xerxes!

Now, I tried to compile 'od' program's bitcode using llc in llvm 2.6 release.
but there was same error as before.

To avoid this problem,
I modified a little bit code in $llvm_src/lib/Bitcode/Reader/BitcodeReader.cpp file

bool BitcodeReader::ParseTypeTable()
{
    switch (Stream.ReadRecord(Code, Record)) {
    case bitc::TYPE_CODE_X86_FP80:  // X86_FP80
       if target is arm
         ResultTy = Type::DoubleTy;
       else
         ResultTy = Type::X86_FP80Ty;
}

I will send the bugreport for this problem with 'od.bc' file attatchment.

Thank you

Best regards,

Jin-Gu kang