[LLVMdev] converting x86 instructions to LLVM instructions

Alexandre Gouraud alexandre.gouraud at enst-bretagne.fr
Tue Sep 29 07:17:51 PDT 2009

> Are there particular reasons why you want to translate to LLVM IR?
> (E.g. the authors of the paper wanted to be able to use KLEE with
> machine code)
>
> Hi Tilmann

I want to do the same. Using KLEE with machine code. With such a framework,
I could try to do the same that what is explained here :
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/pg/public_psfiles/ndss2008.pdf
But as you can deduce from the url, nothing is open source there. For this I
need an IR I can work on easily, and I think LLVM is a good candidate.

What about your llvm-qemu implementation? You are the author aren't you? I
could not understand from the progress status if this x86 to LLVM
translation worked or not.

--
Alexandre