[LLVMdev] Provide

Tom Pearson TPearson at providepeople.com
Tue Sep 22 07:34:56 PDT 2009

To whom it may concern,

I recently touched base with Chris Lattner who recommended I should email the LLVMDEV mailing list for help.

I am currently looking for Compiler Front End Software Engineers, £60,000K + 10% bonus + shares + benefits + relocation package.

Are you interested or are you able to recommend anyone? Please let me know your thoughts either way.

Job Purpose and Accountabilities

We are looking for a mixture of skilled and highly skilled software engineers to work in our Cambridge, UK office, contributing to compiler front-end
technology for graphics processors. You will contribute to tasks including standards definition, specification, optimization, integration and debugging.
You will work closely with colleagues in our hardware and software development teams locally, and in Maidenhead, Norway and Sweden. There are
on-going opportunities to influence future instruction sets.

Job Requirements

Good university degree in Computer Science or Engineering, although other disciplines will also be considered with relevant experience.

Essential Skills & Experience

*          Experience of front-end parsing in compilers
*          Deep knowledge and understanding of the C language
*          Extensive development in C/C++
*          Hands-on experience developing for embedded platforms and/or real-time operating systems
*          Excellent communication skills to interact with management and partners
*          Ability to solve complex problems
*          Ability to drive a testing strategy from specification to automated implementation
*          Experience of software development projects

Desirable Skills & Experience

*          Experience with Clang
*          Knowledge of floating point theory and implementation practice
*          Experience in a variety of assemblers and ISAs/architectures
*          Knowledge of OpenCL or CUDA
*          Experience of debugging and optimising back-ends for targets
*          Experience with graphics, audio and video technology
*          Experience of signal processing theory and practice
*          Working knowledge of Linux/Symbian/WinCE
*          Knowledge of OS theory and practice, including scheduling and power management
*          Experience with software design methodologies
*          Background in mobile telecoms sector - preferably with experience working for a major OEM
*          Comfortable working directly with customers
*          Team leadership experience, including effective task definition and estimation
*          Ability to travel

Package

*          Shares (Restricted Share Units) at the discretion of ARM Holdings plc
*          Private Medical Insurance
*          Life Assurance
*          Contributory Pension
Relocation Expenses as appropriate

Thomas Pearson

Tel: +44 (0)845 6000 965
DDi: +44 (0)1908 524 864
Mob: +44 (0)7595 250 801
Fax: +44 (0)8702 387 582

www.providepeople.com <http://www.providepeople.com/>  - Please view our new site!

  <http://www.linkedin.com/in/tompearson>

Provide Consulting Limited is a registered company in England and Wales with company number 4411602 at the following location:
9 Shirwell Crescent, Furzton Lake, Milton Keynes, MK4 1GA

Provide Consulting Limited is a VAT registered company with VAT number 763 7319 10

This e-mail message is intended for the addressee(s) only and may contain confidential and or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, you should not read, copy, forward or otherwise distribute or further disclose the information in it. Misuse of the contents of this e-mail message may violate various laws in your state, country or jurisdiction and may constitute insider trading. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please contact Provide Consulting Ltd. on +44 (0)845 6000 965 or contact the originator of this e-mail message via e-mail and delete all copies of this message from your computer or network, thank you.

By requesting a candidate for permanent, contract or temporary work after receipt of this e-mail you confirm that you are bound by our Terms and Conditions of Business a copy of which can be supplied on request.