[LLVMdev] OT: gdb and procmod on darwin9.8/darwin10

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Mon Sep 21 10:27:14 PDT 2009

On Sep 21, 2009, at 10:23 AM, Jack Howarth wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 10:08:34AM -0700, Chris Lattner wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 21, 2009, at 6:16 AM, Jack Howarth wrote:
>>
>>>  The gdb developers are rapidly approaching the
>>> release of gdb 7.0 (which will be required to debug
>>
>> Hi Jack,
>>
>> I know you're trying to help improve tools for Darwin, but llvm-dev
>> is
>> not really an appropriate place for it.  Please stick to LLVM related
>> topics on this list where possible.
>>
>> -Chris
>
> Where are we most likely to find the Apple gdb developers? We are
> very close to the gdb 7.0 release and I wanted to find the most
> likely place that they would view the request.

I don't know Jack, but llvmdev isn't a good place to look for them.
If you'd like to continue this thread, please do so off-list.  Again,
I know you're trying to help, but unfortunately this is just not the
right place for random darwin questions.  You'd probably have more
luck on one of the public apple xcode development lists.

-Chris