[LLVMdev] compiling java frontend

Andreas Saebjoernsen andreas at digitalplaywright.com
Thu Sep 17 18:42:08 PDT 2009

Thanks, I am now working on compiling up VMKit.  When compiling VMKit in my
up-to-date svn checkout I get several error messages on missing members of
the class 'llvm::Type':

PNetLib.cpp: In function ‘void decapsulePrimitive(n3::VMObject*, const
llvm::Type*, std::vector<llvm::GenericValue,
std::allocator<llvm::GenericValue> >&)’:
PNetLib.cpp:694: error: ‘Int1Ty’ is not a member of ‘llvm::Type’
PNetLib.cpp:698: error: ‘Int8Ty’ is not a member of ‘llvm::Type’
PNetLib.cpp:702: error: ‘Int16Ty’ is not a member of ‘llvm::Type’
PNetLib.cpp:706: error: ‘Int32Ty’ is not a member of ‘llvm::Type’

There are several other errors on the same form. When inspecting the source
code of llvm::Type I do not see any member variables with those names, but I
see member functions on the form 'getInt1Ty(LLVMContext &C)' where
LLVMContextImpl have member variables with those names. Do you know how to
solve this problem?

thanks,
Andreas