[LLVMdev] FYI: Phoronix GCC vs. LLVM-GCC benchmarks

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Wed Sep 16 10:36:21 PDT 2009

Since we are in the area, what *should* O1 do?

It's basically good for nothing, since it doesn't tune for size or
performance. The only good I personally ever have for it is once in a
while there is a miscompile at -O1 which narrows the problem.

Would it be crazy to make -O1 equivalent to -Os?

 - Daniel