[LLVMdev] PIC16 question

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Sun Sep 13 11:17:55 PDT 2009

In my ongoing work on refactoring the asmprinters, I've found that
PIC16 doesn't put ':' after labels in some cases.  Specifically, it
looks like basic block labels are emitted without a ':':

	movwf @__floatunsidf.frame. + 2
	movlp .BB1_2
	goto .BB1_2
.BB1_2                                                      ; %bb7
	movlw 0
	banksel @__floatunsidf.frame.

but that functions and global variables are.  Does lack of a colon
mean that the label is private to the file? Is a colon on the basic
block harmful (IOW, can I just emit basic block labels with a colon
even though they aren't currently)?

-Chris