[LLVMdev] Saving/restoring executable code from the the JIT?

Sherief N. Farouk sherief at mganin.com
Sun Sep 13 04:39:21 PDT 2009

> My goal is to avoid waiting several minutes on application startup
> until
> optimization and native codegen ends. No suspending/restarting, just
> compiling, saving native generated code, and loading on future sessions,
> more akin a conventional compiler.

I'm interested in something like that. I have a case (which seems similar to
one experienced by Nick Capens) where I have a lot of pure functions
(Functions that only reference first-level indirections of their input
parameters, a-la declspec(noalias) in VC++) that I'd like to store and avoid
re-generating. There were some issues with constants being pooled by the
execution engine iirc, but if there're plans to implement what Oscar's
thinking of I'd love to be in on it.

- Sherief