[LLVMdev] disable insertion of unreachables

Max Stonebraker max.stonebraker at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 14:49:54 PDT 2009

Hello all,

LLVM inserts unreachable instructions after every call to a terminating
function. Is there a way to disable this feature so that it treats
terminating function calls like any other function call, so the unreachable
instruction would not be inserted? Unfortunately, simply removing the
unreachable instructions after the fact would not suffice for my needs
because I need to preserve the original control flow of the program. That
is, I need to know the instruction that would have been executed if the call
to the terminating function didn't actually terminate the program.

Thanks!

Max