[LLVMdev] X86 Disassembler

Sean Callanan scallanan at apple.com
Thu Sep 3 17:25:48 PDT 2009

I was away doing other things for a while, but I have an API patch
separated out, which (in addition to being much smaller than past
megapatches) corrects two issues Chris identified in his most recent
set of patches:

- First, it makes the API a good deal simpler.  Now, you can
instantiate a single MCDisassembler and, each time you want an
instruction disassembled, you can simply pass it a MemoryRegion, an
offset, and an MCInst to populate.

- Second, it adds MCDisassembler to the list of things you can get
from a TargetMachine, so you don't have to #include something from lib/
Target/X86 just to use the X86 disassembler.

Please let me know what you think of this API.  Thanks for your time.

Sean

I have included Chris's previous comments below.