[LLVMdev] version 2.3 of poolalloc

Patrick Simmons simmon12 at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 3 12:36:57 PDT 2009

John Criswell wrote:

>> Dear All,
>>
>> I have finished updating the DSA and Poolalloc source code so that it
>> compiles with the LLVM 2.6 API.  If you check out the LLVM 2.6 branch
>> (directions are in the llvmdev archives; look for the email by Tanya
>> Lattner about the LLVM 2.6 branch), you should be able to build mainline
>> DSA and Pool Allocation against it.
>>
>> If you have trouble building DSA/Pool Allocation, please email llvmdev.
>>

> To aid in checking out LLVM 2.6, I went and looked up the command.  It is:
>
> svn co https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/branches/release_26 llvm
>
> -- John T.

Does this mean poolalloc isn't meant to build with the LLVM trunk
anymore?  I recently updated both poolalloc and my LLVM checkout to the
latest revision, and poolalloc isn't building (something about "Ostream"
being undefined).  Should I switch my checkout to the "release_26" branch?

--Patrick

--
If I'm not here, I've gone out to find myself.  If I get back before I return, please keep me here.