[LLVMdev] SCCIterator and unconnected graphs

Hans Vandierendonck hvdieren at elis.UGent.be
Thu Sep 3 04:15:47 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am using the scc_iterator class in my code on a CallGraph, where some
functions are not called from within the module. It seems that
scc_iterator does not list all SCCs if the graph is not connected; only
those nodes connected to the node pointed to by
GraphTraits<...>::getEntryNode() are returned.

Can someone verify this behavior?
Any tips on how I should go about extending the class in order to visit
all SCCs?
Is it desirable to augment the scc_iterator class itself, or should I
construct another one? The change in behavior may impact things such as
CallGraphSCCPass, GlobalsModRef, etc. and I don't know if it is
desirable to have that change there.

Many thanks,
Hans.