[LLVMdev] I have built a whole-program bitcode file for openldap-2.19

Nan Zhu zhunansjtu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 02:40:43 PDT 2009

Hi,all

I have written a wrapper which includes gcc/g++,ld and llvm counterparts, it
invokes native or llvm compiler and linker according to the options it
receives,after I replace the native tools with my wrapper in libtool script,
I just typed like this

make CC=wrapper AC_CFLAGS=-emit-llvm

then I got a bc file of slapd and other tools in clients directory

The accessory is the whole-program bitcode file of slapd

(My platform is Fedora11 x86_64+E6300)

the method can also be applied to many GNU projects but there may be some
other problems when I treat to BIND,I'm checking it..

Thank you