[LLVMdev] vmjc and CallGraphSCCPass

Michael Wu mmwu at princeton.edu
Wed Oct 28 11:00:14 PDT 2009

How can I vmjc to run CallGraphSCCPasses? I wrote a test pass that does
nothing, and all vmjc says is:

vmjc: PassManager.cpp:1604: virtual void
llvm::ModulePass::assignPassManager(llvm::PMStack&,
llvm::PassManagerType): Assertion `!PMS.empty() && "Unable to find
appropriate Pass Manager"' failed.
0   vmjc 0x08a6bfd8
Aborted

Running even a built in pass like prune-eh fails as well.

 From what I can tell, this is because the only PassManager on the
PMStack is a FunctionPassManager, and assignPassManager pops this off,
leaving the PMStack empty. Then it fails.

Thanks,
Michael