[LLVMdev] Should LLVM JIT default to lazy or non-lazy?

Kenneth Uildriks kennethuil at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 10:17:15 PDT 2009

Code that takes the default lazy behavior will still work if the
default is changed to non-lazy.  The only way non-lazy breaks (as far
as I know) is if you've already done some lazy JITting and left some
lazy stubs laying around.  And code that does that will still work,
after adjusting to an API change.  This is one of the least disruptive
breaking API changes imaginable.

And getting rid of rare, non-deterministic crashes is always a big win
in my book.  We've got enough deterministic bugs to keep us busy :)