[LLVMdev] disassembly/decompiling

Howard Chu hyc at symas.com
Mon Oct 26 01:00:42 PDT 2009

Hi, just read the LLVM 2.6 release announcement, the bit about llvm-mc caught
my attention. I've been looking for a tool to disassemble x86 object files
into an IR and then reassemble them into x86_64 object code. The immediate use
for them would be to convert driver blobs that some vendors provide for their
hardware (e.g. the Lucent modem driver) so they can be used in a 64 bit
kernel. From the release announcement it looks like llvm-mc isn't ready for
this purpose yet, was just curious if this kind of task was anywhere on its
roadmap. Thanks...
--
   -- Howard Chu