[LLVMdev] RFC: Dropping DejaGNU

Eric Christopher echristo at apple.com
Mon Oct 19 14:03:31 PDT 2009

On Oct 18, 2009, at 7:49 PM, Daniel Dunbar wrote:

> If you haven't already tried it, please consider switch to 'make
> check-lit' as an alternative to 'make check'. If it doesn't work for
> you, or you find it doesn't do something DejaGNU did and you like,
> please let me know. My eventual plan is to move to lit entirely and
> drop DejaGNU support, so consider yourself warned.

I've swapped all of my testing to lit since all I do is native and
it's been great.  I'm definitely in favor of Chris's suggestion that
we move to that as the default.

One quick feature question: one of the nifty things about dejagnu
(really the only nifty thing) is that it supported remote execution of
binaries - I don't use that right now, but other people may. Any idea
if you plan on having lit support that? Honestly I doubt it would be
hard in python. Probably a "if someone has a need" feature? :)

-eric