[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Developer meeting videos up

Fons Rademakers Fons.Rademakers at cern.ch
Fri Oct 16 00:52:02 PDT 2009

Hi Chris,

   it would be good if "the powers that be" could be made to understand
that if only Apple employees are not allowed to put up their slides while
Apple is employing the core of the LLVM foundation, that this sends the
absolute wrong message on openness of the project. It is also totally
incompatible with the fantastic work you guys are doing and your tremendous
presence on the (non Apple) uiuc mailings lists.

At CERN we had already a number of people questioning the wisdom of basing
our developments on LLVM as it is perceived as an Apple thing, that could
turn on us at anytime, and this position does not help.

Cheers, Fons.

Chris Lattner wrote:
> On Oct 15, 2009, at 8:29 AM, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:
>> Hi, Chris
>>
>>> All of the videos are now up on the web page, and most of the slides
>>> are up (still need to get David's and Evan's slides).  Please let me
>>> know if you hit any problems.
>> First of all, thanks a lot about all stuff with videos & slides
>> posting.
>>
>> I'm a bit curious: is there any reason why are other slides / videos
>> not available (it seems that the ones missing are from Apple folks)?
>
> Unfortunately, we found out at the last minute that Apple has a rule
> which prevents its engineers from giving video taped talks or
> distributing slides.  We will hold onto the video and slide assets in
> case this rule changes in the future.
>
> -Chris

Org:    CERN, European Laboratory for Particle Physics.
Mail:   1211 Geneve 23, Switzerland
E-Mail: Fons.Rademakers at cern.ch              Phone: +41 22 7679248
WWW:    http://fons.rademakers.org           Fax:   +41 22 7669640