[LLVMdev] building llvm-gcc/llvm-g++

Daniel Waterworth da.waterworth at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 14 01:14:35 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm having trouble building the llvm-gcc frontend. I'm working with
llvm-gcc4.2-2.5. I'm on 32bit x86 linux. I removed the file GNUmakefile,
then built it with:

./configure --enable-languages=c,c++ --with-llvm=~/llvm/backend/llvm-2.5
make

~/llvm/backend/llvm-2.5 is where the backend was untared and built, but not
installed.

After I'd done this there was a file in host-i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc called
xgcc. If I try to build with this however it won't accept the --emit-llvm
option with the error message:

xgcc: --emit-llvm is not supported in this configuration.

What option should I change in the configure command to get it to build in
such a way that "--emit-llvm" will work?

Thanks,

Daniel Waterworth