[LLVMdev] Detecting reduction operations

Scott Ricketts sricketts at maxentric.com
Fri Oct 9 11:06:59 PDT 2009

I want to be able to detect reduction operations using a method
similar to that described here:

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=237578.237581

(I am open to other suggestions if there is a better technique).

I am curious if anyone has done this with LLVM or if there are and
recommendations for where to start with my implementation. I am only
interested in identifying the reductions -- I will not need to do any
kind of transformation to exploit the parallelism. However, if this
sort of work might be useful to others, I can try to generalize the
interface based on any suggestions in case my work gets to the point
where it could be checked in.

Scott