[LLVMdev] llvm LTO SPEC2000 results?

Dale Johannesen dalej at apple.com
Wed Oct 7 11:22:46 PDT 2009

I don't know of anyone focusing on better SPEC numbers, although those
who have access run a subset primarily as a regression test.
On Darwin, llvm-gcc-4.2 -O4 will get interprocedural optimizations;
this makes the compiler emit LLVM bitcode and the linker invoke the
interprocedural optimizer.   You might need to have SnowLeopard.  The
linker dependency means this is not very portable; there is something
called the LLVM gold plugin that is aimed at doing the same thing on
Linux, but I don't know how well it works.