[LLVMdev] Hi, everyone, fail on building c-index-test

罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo) luoyonggang at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 07:57:41 PDT 2009

> I've committed my suggested fix. There's no point in setting the
> LINKER_LANGUAGE property of every LLVM library, because CMake figures out
> the right language based on the file extensions of the source files.

Yes, CMake figures out the *right language* based on the file extensions of
the source files.
But, llvm is based on *C++*
for example, if you create a application just containing *C *extension
files,
but using llvm as the midware, then CMake system *must *auto  recognize
the LINKER_LANGUAGE as CXX, but not C. Even all source files in this project
is C extension.

Now, it's using a strange hack, just

set_target_properties(c-index-test
  PROPERTIES
  LINKER_LANGUAGE CXX)
It's not reasonable, because it's not because of  c-index-test.c lead the
LINKER_LANGUAGE  to be CXX
but llvm make this happened, so it's shouldn't be placed at
c-index-test.c/CMakeLists.txt
*and should be placed at *
AddLLVM.cmake
That's means, every  *new project(OR executable)* using LLVM as the
dependent,
then  then
LINKER_LANGUAGE   must be set to CXX in an auto way,
but not set it manually.

--
        此致
礼