[LLVMdev] Linker Question

David Greene dag at cray.com
Mon Oct 5 15:31:26 PDT 2009

On Monday 05 October 2009 17:21, Chris Lattner wrote:

> > Would it break things horribly if I went in and taught
> > RecursiveResolveTypes
> > how to handle this or would that violate some deep-level assumption?
>
> This is intentional, but instcombine should clean it up.  Are you not
> seeing this?  If not, instcombine should be improved.

The problem is I need to examine this before instcombine and do various
nefarious things like spitting out IR and/or generating code without any
modifications to improve debuggability of our compiler.  Why is this
intentional?

I've coded up the necessary linker changes but the build is waiting on NFS and
a tape drive.  Grr...

                              -Dave