[LLVMdev] llvm build errors on windows/mingw32

Jay Foad jay.foad at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 04:01:49 PDT 2009

> You'll better investigate why exception support is required for MSYS
> while all other configure-based builds work fine without it.

Surely it's required for any system that uses
lib/System/Win32/Signals.inc, because there's code in that file that
uses try/catch.

MingW is the only system I know of that uses that file; Cygwin
pretends to be Unix-like, so it uses lib/System/Unix/Signals.inc
instead. So I'd suggest the attached (untested) patch.

Jay.