[LLVMdev] the possibility of porte LLVM to the special architecture ?

wan sheg wansheg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 04:52:15 PST 2009

I'n now  finding  a good compiler  infrastructure  for our DSP processor
the target DSP architecture that  we plan to port  have two  special character :
1. SIMD instruction is the key of performance
  a>the SIMD instruction format is simple as
      mulit register =  mulit register  opcode  multi-register
        destination           src_1                       src_2
   b> the register of destination and source is general register
   c> SIMD load /store  have no special memory alignment requirement;
2.  memory access character that load/store can only access 32bits
memory space each time;   In the target architecture,  the  " char",
"short" , "int" , "float" and  "long long" are all 32bits ( 4bytes) .

If you are familiar with TigerSharc 201  DSP , you can simple consider
 our architecture just as TS201.

Do you think it  is easy and possible to port  the LLVM to such odd
architecture .

any comment about the probelm that we use LLVM as infrastructure for
the target DSP is appreciated.
 Thanks !