[LLVMdev] embedded metadata

Devang Patel devang.patel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 10:04:00 PST 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Nick Lewycky <nicholas at mxc.ca> wrote:
> I have a quick question about embedded metadata. I've lost track of
> exactly what we want to support.
>
> What about making MDNodes that refer to Instructions? Is that desired

yes.

> any more, or is that obsolete? I had a patch to do this locally and I
> either want to fix it up and commit it or discard it.

MDNode now holds values so it should work, but have not tried it yet.
If you run into to issues please let us know.

LLParser requires one change (that is -- accept inline metadata
content) and Victor is working on it so that
  call @llvm.dbg.declare(metadata !{i32* %X }, metadata !4)

works.

-
Devang