[LLVMdev] New 8bit micro controller back-end

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Mon Nov 23 07:01:03 PST 2009

Hello

> It is a RISC with around 60 instructions like a 80c51 instruction set
> (without mul/div) and with Direct or indirect memory acces.
My estimate is something like a man-week for a person, who knows what to do :)

I guess the instruction set is pretty similar to msp430's for which we
already have a backend. In such situation you might just grab this
backend, remove all 16-bit stuff (basically, 8 bit and 16 bit are
quite "parallel" there) and tweak stuff a bit.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov